Demonstration Of Traditional Soba Noodles
Time & Location
About The Event
Since the age of 18 Years, Chef Nobuaki Fujinuma started his career as a traditional Japanese cuisine chef. His hometown is famous for producing quality soba from buckwheat since the Edo period. At present, there are very few people who can make Inaka soba - Soba noodle making at home is a lost tradition.
- Chef Nobuaki has been teaching Soba noodle making for many years in Japan. Soba noodles are a critical component and aspect of Japanese traditional and current cuisine landscape. Good quality noodles require a strong understanding of noodle making. Noodles are a central part of many Asian dishes, example a good Ipoh Hor Fun noodle dish. Likewise, for Soba, a good Soba Noodle can make a dish from average to excellent. Chef Nobuaki has been working with the YACCO NIKKO restaurant chain of 8 outlets for over 4 years doing Soba workshops and supervising staff to ensure the quality of the noodle is sustained throughout all outlets. His Soba style is Inaka or Kampong style Soba. In Japan there is a strong cultural heritage for good Soba making. A famous Japanese saying since the Edo period was, One “cannot get married without good Soba making skills”
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full fee for the Masterclass is S$350 (excluding GST)
- A non-refundable deposit of S$175 (including GST) is required to reserve a seat in the Masterclass
- Participants should have intermediate cooking skills ;
- Participants can bring their own Chef’s jacket and must wear covered shoes;
- Participants will be notified of any content or schedule changes in advance.
- BOOKING A SEAT
- Click the 'BOOK A SEAT' button and fill out the form;
- In order to finalise the booking, you must pay your deposit (S$175) either in person at Allspice (cash, credit card or NETS) or via online transfer (see bank details below). Please note that there are only 20 spots available and seats will be booked on a ‘first come first served’ basis;
- Once you've made your payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can verify your payment as soon as possible and send you the booking confirmation.
- BANK DETAILS
- Bank: OCBC
- Account name: Allspice Institute Pte Ltd
- Account No: 686-583519-001
- Reference: Your name and Masterclass name